Sunday, August 16, 2015

5 for Funday: Ms. Dion was missing


So.... I've been missing for a few weeks. I'm sorry! I'll fill you in on everything, I promise.



My summer semester was broken down into two components, a Summer I and a Summer II. In order to complete my last three semesters of the Education program at UNCW, I had to be accepted into the Watson College of Education. The courses I took this summer, while a part of the education program, included a course that was mandatory for acceptance into the final three semesters. My application was dependant on my final grade in EDN 200 and the accompanying lab course grade (a C or better was mandatory).
Also, to be accepted, applicants must have obtained a GPA of 2.70 or better in 9 hours or more at UNCW. My current GPA is a 3.845. The instant grades were posted I submitted I sent my application to Watson for review. 


On Monday, August 10, I received the decision for my application into Watson...
I GOT IN! Andrew said that of course I got in, there was no doubt in his mind that I would be accepted. Still, when you've been working so hard toward something that you want more than anything, there's always the question in the back of your mind as to whether or not you're good enough. Immediately when I received my acceptance, I went to my bosses office and asked her how my schedule would work. She told me to provide her with the breakdown of the schedule I would need and she approved it immediately. I cannot begin to describe how relieved and lucky I feel having such a wonderful manager.

We moved! Andrew and I found a newer, larger apartment in a nicer community earlier this Summer. On July 18th, we moved into the new apartment. It's lovely. We are on the second floor, we now have a home alarm system, and the apartment is a 3 bedroom 3 bath. Our two other roommates are very sweet, and this is going to save us money for Hawaii (in January) and for our House fund. 

We also bought a new couch (with our roommates) and its awesome. I feel like a real adult!
We were robbed :(
We moved all of our big and important things out of our old apartment on July 18th. Thankfully. We went back over the course of the following few days to finish cleaning, get the remaining items, and to meet the Habitat for Humanity Restore people so that they could pick up our donations. On our final day cleaning, Andrew and I arrived to see that our kitchen window had been shattered in, and a few of the smaller items had been removed. We suspect teenagers because my KitchenAid mixer, Sewing Machine, and our Ninja Blender were all left behind. The thieves ended up taking a bottle of Bacardi that I had bought as a present for Andrew, and a few older video games. 
This is the second time we were robbed in that neighborhood. So glad we're done.




To close on a happy note... yesterday we watched the sunrise. It was gorgeous. I don't think I could ever live somewhere that I can't make drive a couple hours to the beach.






No comments:

Post a Comment